Service and Retirement Awards for FOA departments are facilitated by the VC admin team
FOA departments provide awards to employees to honor their years of service to the university starting at 10 years and continuing every five years onward. The distribution process is facilitated at the division level, but funded individually by departments.
Employees are provided with a commemorative Service Pin, a formal letter signed by the Vice Chancellor of Finance, Operations and Administration and a visa gift card with an amount that varies based on their years of service.
- If I qualify for a service award should I notify the Vice Chancellor’s office?
- No, we run a division-wide query through our personnel system that will tell us who is currently eligible.
- I qualified for my service award this month, why won’t I receive it until next month?
- Service Awards are not awarded until the month after the credit is accrued.
Customer Service Champion Awards (CSC)
This program provides monthly recognition for FOA employees who have gone “above and beyond” in serving their customer(s).
Upon committee review, employees may be rewarded with written recognition, an Amazon gift card or a lunch opportunity with the Vice Chancellor.
- Who is eligible to receive the CSC Award?
- All FOA employees are eligible to be nominated.
- How do I nominate someone for a CSC Award?
- You can submit a nomination online by clicking the button below.
FOA departments provide monetary awards for retiring employees who have served the university for a minimum of 10 years or more. The distribution process is facilitated at the division level, but funded individually by departments.
Employees are provided a $400 visa gift card and a formal letter signed by the Vice Chancellor of Finance, Operations and Administration.
- I have already left the university, but did not receive a retirement award, can I still receive one?
- It is the individual’s department’s discretion whether or not to give a retirement award. However, please contact the vice chancellor's administrative team directly to find out. If you qualify, we can mail you your award directly or make it available for pick up.
- I heard there was a different university gift, can I receive one?
- The University Retirement gift program has been discontinued.