Over the winter holidays and campus soft closure period, most FOA services will be closed. However, we remain committed to maintaining essential campus services.
The following units will remain open or provide limited services during this time:
- Supply Chain, Aggie Stores and Purchasing
• Accounts Payable will be working as needed.
• Repro Graphics will be open December 21-23, then closed through Jan 1.
• Central Storehouse will be open December 21-23 and Dec. 28-30, regular hours of 7:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Chemistry Store in Chemistry Building, room 149, will be open Dec. 21-23 and Dec. 28-30, limited hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dry Ice & Liquid Nitrogen will be available for purchase from the Chemistry Store.
• MRO Store will be open Dec. 21-23 and Dec. 28-30, regular hours of 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Scientific Store in Haring Hall will be closed. For urgent product requests during this time, please contact the Chemistry Store at 530-754-7179.
• To learn about other services impacted by the closure, please visit the Supply Chain website.
- Campus Ready
• The COVID-19 testing kiosk at the ARC will be closed Dec. 21 – Jan. 1, except for a half-day on Saturday, Dec. 26, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• The testing question will be removed from the Daily Symptom Survey on Dec. 21.
• For students and employees accessing campus during the winter break, testing will temporarily be available via Healthy Davis Together testing kiosks. Employees and students need to register separately with Healthy Davis Together during this time period in order to make an appointment at the Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts or at the Davis Senior Center. After winter break, students and employees will need to return to the ARC testing kiosk.
• The ARC testing kiosk will reopen on Jan. 2 for all students and employees. Employees will have until Jan. 7 to resume weekly testing to access facilities, in order to comply with campus policy.
Centrally Funded PPE
• Centrally Funded PPE requested for fulfillment in January must be placed no later than Dec. 15. Please update the PPE Registration Form before the curtailment/holiday period begins.
- Payroll and Human Resources
Pay dates occurring during the winter holidays period are:
→ Biweekly pay: Wednesday, Dec. 23 for the work period ending Dec. 12
→ Monthly pay: Monday, Jan. 4 for work during the month of December
During the winter holidays, the Shared Services Organization will monitor the Service Desk voice mail at (530) 754-4772 and email@example.com for emergency requests. The SSO Sacramento offices will remain open during this time.
Services are available in the following HR Units, with some areas on a limited basis. Please email for response or redirection:
• Benefits: Aaron Locquiao, Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Compensation: Maria Lucia Gonzales, Manager. email@example.com
• Staffing Development and Professional Services: Kelly Crabtree, Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Talent Acquisition: Mark Chapman, Manager. email@example.com
• Temporary Employment Services: Leana Quant-Faragasso, Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Services
- Mail delivery on the Davis campus will be suspended. Mail can be will-called at 615 Hopkins Rd. from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m. Dec. 21-23 and Dec. 28-30. If delivery is essential during those days, customers can request Special Messenger service for a fee. Requests must be submitted by 11:30 a.m. for same-day delivery.
- Police and Fire
- UC Davis Police Department and UC Davis Fire Department are always available, 24/7. For emergencies, call 911. For non-emergencies on the Davis campus, call (530) 752-1727.
- Building HVAC Holiday Shutdowns and Steam Curtailment
- As with previous winter breaks, campus heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems will take a vacation as well — but this year it will correspond with the December winter closure and extend from Saturday, Dec. 19 to Sunday, Jan. 3. During this period, to avoid heating unoccupied buildings, designated campus buildings will have their thermostats adjusted to allow room temperatures to drift more widely than normal. These HVAC vacations only apply to offices, classrooms, and other administrative spaces, not to critical spaces such as laboratories or animal spaces.
In addition, from Dec. 23 - 27, certain buildings will have their HVAC systems completely shutdown. Occupants in these buildings are also asked to limit their use of any process that requires the use of steam. Learn more.
As typical for campus holidays, a notification has been sent out to building contacts for all included buildings to determine any required exceptions. Please contact the HVAC scheduling team if you have questions or concerns. Find out more about holiday energy savings.
- Facilities Management – General
- During winter break, Facilities Management staff will be available to manage urgent issues that impact human or animal health and safety or threaten research through the Customer Experience Center’s support line at (530) 752-1655. Non-emergency requests will continue to be managed via Aggie Facilities, their online work order system.
- Facilities Management – Fleet Services
Fleet Services will be closed Dec. 19–Jan. 3, including fuel stations, vehicle rentals and service. Each Fleet Services vehicle has a Voyager fuel card that can be used to purchase fuel at most major stations. Daily vehicle rental service will not be available during this time however, self-serve, hourly vehicle rentals will still be available through UCDrive, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Fleet Services customers with vehicle emergencies should call the UC Davis Police Department, (530) 752-1727, and police will then contact the appropriate Fleet Services personnel.
- Facilities Management – Davis—Berkeley Shuttle
- The shuttle between Davis and Berkeley will close Saturday, Dec. 19 – Sunday, Jan. 3. Service will resume on Monday, Jan. 4.
- Design and Construction Management
- • Campus construction projects will continue through the Winter Break period. DCM offices will be closed to the public. However, staff will be available to respond to contractor and customer inquiries and/or respond to emergencies.
• Real Estate Services will remain open, with exception of the holidays.
- Arboretum and Public Garden
A number of essential workers on the Arboretum and Public Garden team, including Grounds and Landscape Services, will be available to maintain campus outdoor safety measures and respond to outdoor emergencies dispatched by the Facilities Management Customer Experience Center at (530) 752-1655 or Aggie Facilities.
- Safety Services
The following units will be closed holidays only and available daily via email:
• On-Call/After Hours for emergencies: 530-902-4650
• Occupational Health – 530-752-6051, email@example.com or visit the after-hours page
• Industrial Hygiene – Wes Frey 530-754-0881; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Environmental Services Facilities – Pat Ruchirushkul 752-9718; email@example.com
• Food Protection – Amrit Kaur 530-754-1515; firstname.lastname@example.org
• BioSafety – Philip Barruel 530-752-1777; email@example.com
• Industrial Safety – Julia Means 530-752-3376; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Laboratory Safety – Becky Grunewald or Veronica Thron; email@example.com
• Radiation Safety – Collin Ma 530-752-9991; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fire Prevention – Jim Patterson 530-752-5772
• Risk Management and Workers Compensation – To report a new Workers’ Compensation claim during that period, please call Sedgwick CMS at (877) 682-7778. To report a new Auto or Property claim during that period, please call Sedgwick CMS at (800) 416-4029.
- Transportation Services
- There will be no parking enforcement on campus during the winter break, other than restricted spaces, which are still subject to enforcement by campus police, from Dec 21 – Jan 3, 2021. Transportation Services will not be providing motorist assistance services. Parking enforcement will resume in the New Year beginning January 4, 2021. Offices will be closed beginning Dec. 23 – Jan. 3, 2021.